GOALS

1. Exercise more.
2. Work harder at school.
3. Get a job.
4. Eat healthier.
5. Be more positive.
6. Have a more open mind.
7. Be more social.
8. Continue with my writing.
9. Keep going with tennis.
10. Continue learning the guitar.
11. Have more me time.
12. Stay in contact with my friends.
13. Persevere.
14. Have a brighter outlook.
15. Laugh more.
16. Smile more.
17. Enjoy the little things.
18. Be more greateful.
19. Work on my photography.

Friday, February 12, 2010

FRIENDS

This goes out to all my friends, whether you know your one of them, whether you remember me, whether it's not the same as it was, whether your with me now, whether I never seem to care, whether we fight too much, whether we haven't seen each other in ages, whether I haven't even met you yet; this one's for you.

I'm sorry when I hurt you-
When I forget to laugh,
When we fight over nothing,
When nothing said sounds true.
When I'm as stubborn as a calf,
And when I'm not appreciating
all the things that you've done;
Even though your like my own personal sun.

I'm sorry if I'm mean,
If what I said still hurts,
If that stupid thing still makes me seem the worst.

What's worse is when I mean it,
Everything I said,
All those hurtful words 
rushing from my head.

I might've meant to hurt you,
But now the guilt erodes,
It leaves the feelings churning
and sorry won't seem to show.

All those silly bruises,
All those giant scars,
how much they hurt my heart.

This silly little poem,
Though it mightn't rhyme,
It's true all that I say,
That's all I need you to know.

Because every time we laugh,
Share a private thought,
You weld yourself right to me, 
As if we'll never ever part.

But there are some who seemed so close,
Who I thought would never leave,
Who once breathed my air
but now never seem to care.

The faithful ones still linger,
And how I love them so,
Yet the memories of those who've left will trigger
seeds that once did grow.

Through all of those hard times,
Through all of the bad,
You were always still able
to pick me up when I got sad.

If I wasn't there,
If you thought I didn't care, 
I'll always try my hardest
to make sure this friendship's fair.

Though I sometimes let you do all the work,
I really need you to see,
That if it weren't for you,
I'd probably cease to be.

All that's left to say,
(And I hope you know it's true)
Are a few small words to make your day;
I love you, for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment